H.O.P.E. stands for “Helping Other People Everyday”
Those who volunteer at the Lehigh Valley H.O.P.E. care about helping others in need just as much as we do. The Lehigh Valley H.O.P.E. is a new community resource room which has opened in October 2016.
We know when someone’s transitioning out of homelessness or lost everything due to a fire or other emergency, loss of a job, or other situations, this is a huge burden and many times do not have enough or no money to purchase these items.
At the Lehigh Valley H.O.P.E room, the purpose is to help those in need. We want to reduce their concerns by providing these essentials for their new “home”, whether this is an apartment, their new house or something else they call home. All for FREE
Lehigh Valley H.O.P.E. operates out of the Executive Education Charter School located in Allentown. We are supported by a network of LVBG nonpaid volunteers. We are open one day per week and referrals are by approved agencies and are scheduled by our LV HOPE coordinators.
We heard the calling and witness the need in our community. We continue to work closely with all the homeless shelters, social service agencies, nonprofits and others who are helping those in need.
Elena Tirado - Senior Coordinator
Alan Rosenfeld - Donations Coordinator
Dave Steidle - Logistics Coordinator
The Lehigh Valley HOPE room consists of the following:
All items are FREE !
- Clothing: We have several thousand pieces of clothing of new and / or gently used, from new born up to adults (all sizes)
- Housewares: We have many types of bathroom items, living room items, kitchen items, including small appliances, dishes, lights, clocks, pictures, silverware, utensils, glasses, towels, laundry items, cleaning items, personnel care items, blankets, pillows, bedroom sheets, and much more.
- Children Items: We have various toys, games, small furniture, books, clothing, shoes, baby blankets, cribs, and much more
- Attire section: We have maternity dresses, women dresses, suites for both women & men, men’s dress shirts and pants, and other essentials such as purses, shoes, ties, shirts, jewelry, and more
- Winter Items: During this cold season (our annual project keep warm) we’ll receive donations of winter coats, hats, gloves, scarfs, blankets, and more
DID you know?
- Lehigh Valley H.O.P.E. is a good place that high school students can earn their community service hours
- Both Girl and Boy scouts can earn their community badges by volunteering
- We welcome all retirees who can enjoy volunteering in a relaxed, clean and controlled environment (warm in the winter)
Lehigh Valley H.O.P.E. is located at 555 Union Blvd. Allentown (Executive Education Academy Charter School)
Our schedule for 2017 volunteer work days / nights are listed below:
- March 18, 2017, 9am-1pm
- April 15, 2017 (CANCELLED- EASTER WEEKEND)
- May 20, 2017, 9am-1pm
- June 10th, 2017 - 9 am to 1 pm
- July 15th, 2017 - 9 am to 1 pm
- August 12th, 2017 9 am to 1 pm
- September 16th, 2017 9 am to 1 pm
- October 14th, 2017 9 am to 1 pm
- November 11th, 2017 9 am to 1 pm
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested in donating, volunteering, or other. We are always looking for weekly volunteers to help on Tuesdays from 10:00 am to 2:00 pm when with our scheduled appointments and / or with donations.