Over the last few years, the Lehigh Valley Business Group has engaged in many private, public activities in helping others. Here are just a few of these
- Holding a private dinner event for homeless families
- Project Keep Warm - an annual event which went from collecting 250 blankets to more than 10,000 winter items in just a few years
- Valley H.O.P.E - new resource room in helping local homeless, fire & flood victims
- Helping out at Homeless Shelters with meals
- Supporting other nonprofits by sharing their information with our members, volunteering, etc.
- Held Garden Bucket Projects for 100 inner city children
- Health & Wellness Committee developed a fall garden at the Salvation Army in Allentown
- Pet & Nature Fest - annual event - portion of the proceeds help other animal nonprofits
- BooFest is the Lehigh Valley largest Halloween theme / festival designed for special needs children and adults - Several thousand attend every year. 2016 is expected to be a record breaker est 10,000 or more
- Business to Business Mixers, largest attendance in LV = 550 people
- Senior Shoe box - Deliver hundreds of filled shoe boxes to Seniors on Christmas eve / Christmas day
- Constructed a 1/2 mile rope course for the seeing impaired and blind at the Wildlands Conservancy
- Three Boy Scouts earned their Eagle Awards through LVBG projects
- Girl Scouts earned several various awards through LVBG projects
- Conducted food drives for local food pantries
- Cleaned up a local park
- Help Fundraise for other nonprofits (charities)
- Help Local homeless, Families during emergencies
- Purchase Christmas gifts for families in need
- Held a Candle Light Vigil for Homeless in 4 counties on same night
- Provided a special needs child a special summer vacation throughout the Lehigh Valley
- We support other nonprofits with volunteers, funding, etc.
- Much more...
Our committee chairs, members and volunteers believe in helping others, giving back and making a difference. We are about helping individuals, businesses and our community. We are all non-paid volunteers.
If you are interested in getting involved, we would enjoy hearing from you. Our committees are all volunteers and the more we have help, the more we can do to help others.